Monday, August 22, 2011

Week One

The first week of school has come and gone, and I must say, I hope they all are as smooth as the first (a girl can dream). Our summer  was filled with late nights and late mornings, so getting up early was our biggest hurdle to get over.  After we would put Emily to bed, she would usually stay up and play in her room or read a book with a flash light.  Since school started, I cleaned out her room so she would hopefully go right to sleep instead of staying up.  Well, no go on that!  The third morning of school, I moved Em's pillow to make her bed and this is what I found....


Apparently she snuck into the bathroom and grabbed her a little reading material.  It just cracked me up so I snapped a picture.

The girls have actually been playing better with each other because they've had a little time away. 


Saturday, my friend Erika called me and asked if I wanted to meet her at McDonald's for a little lunch date with the kiddos.  I said sure, so we headed out.  We had a  great time and even though it was H-O-T the kids had a blast.  Erika had her three. My friend Leigh had her two. I had my two, and Erika brought our friend Jennifer's kiddos too!

When Erika called, we headed right on out the door in just our play clothes.  I don't know what happened to Gracie, but she got totally filthy playing with the big kids. Taylor had brought markers, and from the looks of it, sweat and markers made for a very messy Gracie.  I had to keep telling people she didn't leave the house with a face that dirty!


Here's the whole "Hee Haw" gang. 


A fun time was had by all! Can't wait to do it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment