Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gone With The Passy

Last Friday was Gracie's last day with her passy.  I've been thinking I need to try to get it away from her for awhile, but to be honest I didn't want to go through the trouble.  But I was kind of forced to make the decision sooner rather than later. 

We talked for a whole week about how she was getting to be a big girl and that she didn't need her passys anymore and that we were going to give them to our dog Daisy to play with.  That is what I did with Emily and it worked like a charm.  Emily was also a big help because she told Gracie that it would be okay, that she would cry for a little bit, but she would get over it.  So sweet! The morning went pretty good, but we went to eat lunch with my Mother and Gracie SCREAMED the whole 25 minutes home!  When we came in the door, she was wild!  I had to lock the door to keep her form going outside and getting her passy from the dog!  It went on for another 25 minutes and it was BAD!  Screaming, rolling around on the floor, and pushing me (see why I didn't want to take it away), but she finally calmed down.






I was so worried it would be a nightmare when bedtime came, but she was surprisingly happy.  I made a big deal about what a big girl she was and I bought her some new PJ's.  She was all smiles, and due to the huge fit she threw, she went right off to sleep. 



Now, that's just day one.  It's now been 6 days and she has asked for it everyday, several times a day.  But I just keep reminding her that we gave it to Daisy and she needs it now more that Gracie does (more on that later).

No comments:

Post a Comment