Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year y'all!!!  I hope last year was a wonderful year for you, but if not, I pray God blesses you in every way this year!!!!

With that said, I'm not one to celebrate big for New Years.  Don't get me wrong....I love the idea of sending out the old and bringing in the new, but I like to do that from the safety of my own home.  And I couldn't imagine sharing it with anyone else but my favorite people, Chris, Emily and Gracie!!!! 

We had plans for Ava Caroline to come spend the night with Emily, but Jenny called earlier in the day and Michael (Jenny's husband) had the flu.  We sure didn't want that spreading around the house again, so we thought it might be better if Ava came another time.  Even with Ava not coming, we still had to hit Walmart because we didn't have anything to eat!!!  We picked up a few party favors to ring in the New Year. 




I fixed supper later that night and we played, laughed and had just a plane ole good time.  Grandmother and Pop came to visit, and it was so good to see Cheryl feeling better.  She's still not 100% but she is better.  The girls showed them all of their Christmas goodies. 

Due to the fact that my sweet Gracie didn't have a nap, there was no way that she was going to make it until midnight.  So we did our partying early.  Chris was not at all happy that I bought the girls party horns to play with.  They were very annoying and very loud, but they were happy.  Eventually, we did have to take them away for a little while because we just couldn't take it anymore!!! 

I asked the girls what their favorite part of last year was.  Emily said spending time with her family and Gracie said "Happy New Year".  They were very cute. 


Today was a very relaxing day.  The girls and I got up and headed to my parents house for a visit.  Daddy was up and around and doing great!  We visited and ate the traditional black eyed peas and turnip greens.  My mother is the best cook and it was all soooooo good!!!  We came home to rest before we headed over to our friends Kasey and Brandon's house.  They had us and a few other couples over.  We laughed and talked and had a great time. 

Well, that's our New Years wrapped up in a nice little bow.  I hope you all had a restful day. 

Happy New Year!!!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment