Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love Thy Neighbor

Hello all!  I hope you are having a great weekend.  The weather around our neck of the woods is wonderful. Beautiful blue skies, cool breeze and lots of sunshine!  Who could ask for anything more? 

I must admit that even with the great weather, I'm not feeling my best.  First off, I haven't slept much the past four nights, and as a girl who loves her sleep I am feeling a bit drug down. Mix that with a head cold and you get a big fat BOO!  But as all you Mom's know, sick days are nonexistent! We got up yesterday and piddled around the house.  Chris got up early to hunt for some antique fishing lures, so by the time he got home, I had a nice little honey do list for him.  He got to most of it, but Alabama's first game was coming on, so we headed down to the neighbor's house. 

I've said this before, but I love our neighborhood!  From day one, everyone was so welcoming and I believe we are all like family.  Anytime you need something, all you have to do is call and I love it! 

We headed down to Bart and Angela's house and they had a huge spread of food! They ladies sat outside for a little bit to watch the kids play. 

Gracie with her cup of ice. 


The kids started a football game of their own.  At the far right is my little cheerleader cheering everyone on.


 Rabbit ears!


When it started getting dark we went inside to watch the game.  The guys were already in there holding down the fort. 

Chris and Angela


Tammy, Gracie and Carl


Shasta and Eddie


We stayed till about 9 and then Gracie started breaking down so we headed home. 



Getting the girls bathed last night was like putting a cat in water.  No one was happy, but we pushed through and made it to Sunday.  We went to eat after church with some couples from our Sunday school class.  I bought my camera with the intent of taking a few pictures, but lets just say Gracie was not the best.  I hate to use the term "Terrible 2's" because it wasn't terrible but it SURE wasn't easy.  But I guess going out at nap time had a lot to do with it.  Despite the unhappy two year old, we had a great time!  Again everyone is so sweet and welcoming, that you can't help but have a good time. 

Well, Gracie is napping and Chris and Emily are outside enjoying the weather.  Hopefully, Gracie will be up soon so we can join them. 

Enjoy your Labor Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment