Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hard Working Husband and The Girlfriend Gala

My husband has been working super hard at getting our house ready for spring.  We actually sat down the other day and made a list of all the things we would like to do to the house to consider it totally the way we want it and it kind of stressed us out.  But what can you do but take it one thing at a time. 

Thursday evening, I had plans with some friends, so Chris and the girls worked on the yard.  And it looks wonderful!
Emily helped Chris spread mulch.


Emily thought she something riding around in the back.  Don't worry, Chris went super slow.  But I watched them until I had to get ready to make sure he kept going slow!


Gracie just rode in the front and played with all the treasures that Chris has in the front of his truck. 

This is our dog, Daisy.  We have a leash law in our neighborhood, but it's not always enforced.  Most everyone is okay with the dogs, but every now and again you'll have someone call Animal Control.  Daisy is loved by all because so far she has avoided doggy jail.  She's pretty good about staying close to home. 


My husband was sweet enough to entertain the children so I could have a little girl time.  The United Way throws and anual fundraiser every year called The Girlfriend Gala.  And apparently its the hottest ticket in town because it seems like they are always sold out. I ususally only think about it when its too late to get tickets.  My friend Ashley called me Thursday and asked if I wanted to go!  Ummm....YEAH!   She said she was going to hunt us down some tickets and somehow she did!  The theme this year was Diva Las Vegas and all the tables were decorated around a Las Vegas theme.  I can't believe I didn't take one picture of the tables but I was too busy talking to everyone.  I met some new people, got to see some I haven't seen in awhile, and got to chat with people I see all the time!   I really enjoyed it and I hope I get to go back next year! 

Me, Erika, and Ashley.  We all go to church together and our girls are all door steps in age.  They are great girls to hangout with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment