Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fianlly The Last of It

It has taken me two weeks to post about a 4 day vacation, but we are now finally down to the last of it. 

Our last official day for beach time was Saturday, but it was not smooth!  It's as if we flew through the Bermuda Triangle and everything started falling apart.  At 12 am in the morning, Gracie woke up with an ear ache.  Chris ran to Walgreen's to get some Motrin and that seemed to do the trick until the morning.  Gracie's has always had ear trouble but her ear was doing something I had never seen it do before.  As soon as our family doctor opened up, I called them and explained what the problem was.  They told me that we needed to take her to the Urgent Care in Gulf Shores and have them check her out.  So thanks to my friend Lynn, who use to live in GS, we found a doctor to go to.  The unfortunate part was that we had to wait 4 1/2 hours to see a doctor!!!!  But what do you do.  I tell you what you do......you wait!  lol.

When we finally saw the doctor, it was totally worth the wait.  He was great with Gracie.  To no ones surprise, she had an ear infection and he gave her an antibiotic to take by mouth and one for her ears. 



When we got back to the condo, we headed down to the beach!  We didn't get to stay out long because it started raining. We then headed in to get ready for a few beach pictures.  As I was snapping away, my camera just quit working.  The flash wouldn't pop up, and it kept giving me a busy signal.  I snapped all I could while it would let me.






Not the best pictures....but it is what it is. 

The next day we headed home.  


All was going well until we hit Montgomery and the car started acting funny.  We stopped several times and Chris called a friend that knows stuff about transmissions, which helped.  We just had to go 50 most of the way home!!!! 

This trip was an experience!!!  We needed a vacation after our vacation!!! But although things didn't go as smooth as we would have hoped, we were together and that's all that matters.  I picture myself telling Emily and Gracie all about the "crazy" trip to the beach we took when they were little.

No comments:

Post a Comment