Monday, May 25, 2009

Grand Ole Flag

This Memorial Day I am thankful to all those who have fought and died for our country. Many sacrificed time away form their families and many did not return home. Without these brave men and women, past and present, we would not be living with the freedoms we have today. Thank you again for all you have done.






We had a very relaxing day. Or I had a relaxing day, poor Chris worked himself to death landscaping the front yard. He did a wonderful job!! It looks so great!!! I would have taken a picture of it to put on the blog, but just as he finished it started raining. Again!! So, I will have to take one tomorrow.

The day started out very low key. I cooked breakfast, Chris ran to Lowes, and Emily and Gracie were playing and watching Playhouse Disney. Our neighbors, Jonathan and Shasta called and invited us to their house for lunch and what a feast they had prepared. They had a shrimp boil and it was wonderful! They spread out newspapers on the table and dumped all the food right on the table. I wish I had taken a picture of that too, but I forgot my camera at home. While Jonathan was cooking the shrimp all the kids were swimming in the pool. I don't know how they did it because it was freezing. Although Emily just stayed around the steps, she had a ball. Poor Gracie was so hot, but she never complained. She really didn't have a nap at all today, just 15 minutes, and she was still in a good mood. After we ate, the girls and I came home and Chris went back to work. Later in the afternoon, we went back to Jonathan and Shasta's for ice cream and dessert. I made my old faithful apple dish and everyone seemed to like it. Except Chris....he is just about tired of eating it. I make it for EVERY get together we go to.

It was a great day! I hope everyone who reads this had relaxing Memorial Day.




Gracie is lovin' her some chocolate ice cream. I hope it doesn't keep her up tonight!!






This is Laura (Shasta's daughter). Emily absolutely loves her!!! She says Laura is her very best friend. How sweet! All of the other kids in the neighborhood are boys, so we are very thankful for Laura.




This is part of the neighborhood gang. I love my neighbors!!! Since the day we moved here, they have treated us like we have lived here forever.


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!!! We sure did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment