Monday, May 25, 2009

If A Tree Falls......

There is an old saying, or rather an old question, "If a tree falls in the woods and no one sees it does it make a sound?" Well I don't know what happens deep in the woods, but I do know that if a tree falls in your in-law's backyard, it makes a really LOUD sound when it hits the power line, transformer, playhouse and workshop.



Yesterday was Chris' mother's birthday. After church we went to eat and then went back to their house for some Birthday brownies. We are all on the back porch taking pictures of the girl's (Sophie Clare my niece, Emily and Gracie). Being the Sunday before Memorial Day, it seemed like a good time to dress them up in their patriotic best.








It is very hard to get a picture with three kids and they are all looking a different way!!



While we were taking pictures, we heard this cracking sound. As we looked over, we saw this limb on an oak tree begin to fall (this tree was way over 30 years old-older than me!! Ha!) In my mind I'm thinking "No big deal, it's just a tree limb". How wrong was I!!!! The part that fell off was way more than a limb. When it hit the play house I thought, "This is bad"! Then it hit the power line and broke the power pole and then there was smoke, I KNEW it was really bad. We are very fortunate that nothing caught on fire.




If you know me, you know that I am a "what if" person. What if I get struck by lightening? What if a car fell out of the sky and landed on the house? What if...What if...What if...? After the the tree fell, I thought "What if we had been out there taking pictures and the tree had fallen on us"? But thank the Lord we were safe. I heard a preacher on the radio say "what if's" keep you from having faith in God. That is so true! In stead of thinking the worst, remember that he brought you THROUGH the worst. The Word tells us that He will never leave us or forsake us, and I am so thankful He was with us yesterday.


Cheryl, I hope you had a great birthday. I do know it was an eventful one!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment