Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monday

I know that "Monday" is a lame title for a post, but I have a hard time coming up with titles. Anyway, onto Monday.

I had a follow up doctor's appointment in Birmingham and I when I made it months ago, the receptionist at the doctor's office informed me that since it was flu season (by the way when does flu season begin and end?) they encouraged us to leave our children at home. It may sound harsh but I do see where they are coming from, so mother and I decided to make a day of it. My mother-in-law, Cheryl, was nice enough to come to the house bright and early and watch the girls. I want to thank her so much for doing so. I don't think my mother and I have had a day to ourselves since before I was pregnant with Gracie. I'm a self proclaimed "Momma's baby" so I was really looking forward to it.

After we left the dr's office, we headed to some of our favorite places in Birmingham. I've been on the hunt for Emily an Easter dress and shops are starting to get their Easter stuff in. I really didn't find what I was looking for, although I found one dress that I decided that I would get if I didn't find anything else. Mother and I went to eat at my favorite restaurant(well, ONE of my favorite restaurants) J. Alexanders. They have a Grilled Chicken Salad that is out of this world! I keep telling Chris he would love this place, so I think we may have a date there soon.

When we finished eating, Mother wanted to go to a few fabric stores. She is always sewing for the girls.





I wanted to go to a consignment store that is close to the fabric store, so when Mother finished up we headed over. I was so glad I did! I found Emily an Easter dress at a FABULOUS price!!! It similar to one I bought Gracie a couple of days before! Because Emily is such a "long tall Sally", Mother will have to let the hem out, but still, it was a great deal! I also found Gracie a bubble to match a dress that I got Emily at a yard sale!! I rarely ever find a deal so when I do I'm WAY excited!
Although I missed my girls, Mother and I had so much fun and it was so nice not to have to fool with car seats all day!
When I go home, I fixed spaghetti for supper. When we have spaghetti I take the girl's shirts off because spaghetti can get pretty messy with a 4 and 18 month old. When we sat down, Chris asked if he needed to take his shirt off too! It cracked me up! As you can see G still has a little bit of sauce on her face! It had been a long day so we all looked like a motley crew!




A fun time was had by all! Thanks for stopping by and reading about an ordinary day in the life of one VERY blessed girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment