Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

 As the old saying goes, "Better late than never".  I have so much to tell you about, but first I want to start with Father's Day. 
I'm very blessed to have so many good fathers in my family.  My Dad first and foremost because let's face it, without him I wouldn't be here!  Daddy, I love you so much and I'm thankful for every bit of guidance you have given me over the years.  To my Father- in- Law who is always there to lend a hand.  Because of you, my husband is the man he is and I am very thankful for your example in his life!  To my husband Chris, who is the very best part of our family.  I don't always vocally give him the credit he deserves, but I couldn't have asked for a better father for my children.  He plays with them, he reads to them, and best of all, he prays with them!  He is a Godly example of what a father should be to his children.  I am very blessed! 

We tried to give Chris a stress free weekend.  Not a "honey do" list in sight!!  Although Emily's birthday party was on Saturday night, I think we accomplished that for him.  Emily couldn't wait to give Chris his present.  I had picked out several shirts that I thought he might like, then I let her choose from those.  Emily decided on  the one he has on in the last picture.  She said, "I just know Daddy will love the pink one!". I also got him some cologne.  Emily told him that he sure smelled good and Gracie said, "smell good, Daddy".  Melts my heart!


I hope all the Fathers in your life had a great Father's Day! 

Stay tuned for VBS and Emily's birthday party.

1 comment: