Thursday, October 22, 2009

Emily's First Trip To The Dentist!!!

Yesterday was Emily's first trip to the dentist! Well, the first time she has had her teeth cleaned. I can assure you that I was more nervous that she was. Why...I don't know. I just don't want her to be afraid of going to the dentist like I was (and to be honest,I still am a little). The dentist I had while I was growing up was a "this is how it's going be" dentist. I wanted Emily to see it as a new adventure, so we have been talking it up for quite sometime, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking..."this is never going to work". I had already made up my mind that if she flipped out when we got there, I wasn't going to force her to do it.

Well let me tell you......my little one surprised me! She hopped up in the chair and they got right down to business. She giggled and laughed and opened as wide as she could. I was just so proud!!! I couldn't believe it! The best part was that the hygienist worked real fast so Emily didn't have a chance to get board with it.







When they went to take the x-ray, she got a little nervous. They wouldn't let me go in the room and she was not happy about that, but again the hygienist didn't give her a chance to say no. She got her in the chair and worked real fast. Again, Emily was wonderful!!!




She got to brush Barney's teeth while waiting on the dentist to check her out.




All done!!!! I could have shouted it from the rooftops, she was so good.

I told her that if she was good and let the dentist check her teeth, we would go to Walmart and she could pick out anything she wanted. That was right up her ally!!!!
Thanks to Aunt Maggie for coming to the house and watching Gracie while Em and I had our afternoon together. Gracie, although a little grumpy, had a great time!!! She hasn't quit talking about it!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just randomly found your blog but you and your girls are just too, too cute! LOVE THOSE BIG BOWS! My daughter is fast approaching her first dentist visit as well...she's totally going to freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my 2 1/2 year old in December. Yikes! Hope he does as well as yours!

    ReplyDelete