Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Well my friends, another year has passed and I am now 33 years old. I know everyone always says this, but where has the time gone!!!

This year we decided to meet the family at Logan's to celebrate. I've not eaten there in awhile and it was so good. But to be honest, the best part was having my family there with me.

Birthdays have always been weird to me because all the focus is on the person who was born on said day, but not much focus goes to the people who brought them into this world. I mean really, what did I do? I just showed up!!! Poor mother had the hard part!! So....I would like to take this time to thank my parents for all they have done for me over the years. They both have been wonderful examples to me while I was growing up. My mother, ever the cheerleader, knew when to encourage me and when to push ( if you're a mother, you know there is a big difference in the two) and loved me through it all. My daddy always stressed the importance of standing up for yourself when need be, which is a trait that has served me well over the years!

As everyone knows, you never know how your parents felt about you until you look in the face of your own child. Man, how they loved me!!! They are the best parents any girl could ask for!!!




Daddy taught Gracie to say touchdown and raise her hands!! Now we are going to work on Roll Tide

Em and my cousin Ava Caroline had the best time cracking peanuts!!


The Three Amigos! My brother-in-law Jamie, my husband Chris, and my cousin Michael. I should have gotten them to do the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, and Speak No Evil" thing! That would have been funny.....or at least to me.



Me and my sister-in-law Maggie. We still have some celebrating to do this weekend. We are going to eat at our favorite hangout and paint some pottery. Check back to see our artwork.



My in-laws. Some people would say out-laws but not me!! I have the best in-laws in the world! They have always treated me like their own and I love them so much!!





Em loves blowing out the candles!!



This is my sweet niece Sophie Clare. She is so cute I could just squeeze her to death.....but I won't!

Thanks to all for my gifts and for coming out to celebrate!! We missed the ones who couldn't be with us, but there is always next year!!!!

2 comments: