Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fun Times!!!

I love Mary Englebreit! She is a wonderful artist that uses quotes from famous, and not so famous people to caption her artwork. I have a daily calender on my desk and the first thing I do every morning is she what she has to say. I have her little sayings all over the house and Emily has even gotten into the picture. If there is one she likes, we put it on her dresser in her bedroom.

This one was on my calender the other day and it just made me smile.

When I saw it, it reminded me of me and Maggie! Not because we look like these two women mind you, but because we love getting together just for a bite and good conversation. Mostly we talk about our kids! Clothes for our kids, church and our kids, our kids, our kids, our kids!!! We venture out and talk about other things, but it usually all comes back around to our kids! You think we would get tired of it....but nope!
I think it's very important for moms to have girlfriends! You need people in your life to talk to and bounce ideas off of, and basically people you can just be yourself with! I have several! Maggie, Jenny, Jennifer, Stephanie, Ashley, Jamee, and Lynn....just to name just a few. Some are new friends, some are old friends and some are family but they are all very important to me.
But I have to tell you that I do have a very best girlfriend. That would be my mother!! And I'm so excited that she is coming for a visit today!! So I better go! I need to straighten up the house!
Later all!!

1 comment: