Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 1

We had a fun filled Thanksgiving!!  Emily was out of school for a whole week and it was great to have her home during the day for a change. 

For the past couple of years, Chris and I have swapped family gatherings at Thanksgiving.  One year we go to his family's house and the next year mine.  It works out wonderfully because we actually get to spend quality time with the family instead of eating and running to another house.  Because it was our turn to spend it with Chris' family, my Mother planned a day of fun on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. 

The girls and I met Mother, Tessa (SIL) and Robin (niece) at Target so that Mother could get a few gift ideas for the girls for Christmas.  It was so fun watching the girls look at all the toys. 


Gracie thinks she's just as big as the other girls.


We let the girls decided where we were eating lunch.  They chose McDonald's!  I tried to change their mind, but it didn't work.  McDonald's was the place!

We headed to Hobby Lobby after that.  Mother is going to make the girls a pillowcase and she wanted them to pick out the fabric. 


I can't wait to see the finished product.  The girls also got to pick out ornaments.


This was how the Robin and Emily where all day.  They loved being with each other.
 

When we got back to Mother's house, she and the girls made two pecan pies for Thanksgiving.  The big girls did most of the work, but Gracie loved being in there with them.




Robin and Emily took turns pouring and stirring. 


I know this is a memory they will keep with them forever!


It was a really fun day!!!  I love spending time with my family.  And Tessa, I want to apologize for not getting a better picture of you. But Christmas is coming and I will do much better then!!!  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment