Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gettin' Ready for Easter

As usual I'm up to the last minute getting the girl's things ready for Easter. Thursday, Mother was going to show me how to hem Emily's Easter dress (I know it's probably the simplest thing in the world but I wanted Mother watching me to make sure I had it perfect). Well, let me just tell you, it's near impossible to sew with kids around. The girls were having none of me sitting still, so mother ended up doing it all. Oh well, maybe next time.






My Mom has all her sewing things "just so". But after Gracie got finished with the embroidery thread, it may take mother awhile to find what she's looking for.



Friday night, Chris and I went on a date. We had such a good time. After almost nine years of marriage he still makes me laugh! As long as I'm not having to pick up after him...things are great!



The one thing that trumps getting flowers from your husband is getting flowers from your daughter. Emily picked these for me at her grandmother's house. I just love them!



Today, we went down to Mother and Daddy's to celebrate Easter. My brother Jeff and his friend Eric came by to show us what they had been doing all day.



Emily helped Mother and I get supper on the table. I hope she still enjoys helping the kitchen when she gets older!



I know this window doesn't seem like much more than just a window. But today as I was washing dishes I thought of all the times I stood at that window looking out over the backyard thinking about things. (and onetime I watched a dog run off with our Christmas ham, but that's a story for another day) And today I watched as MY girls ran and played in the backyard! I'm so thankful for the life God has given me.



Of course, after we finished eating we had to hunt eggs.






Me and my brother. Hey big brother....where'd all that grey hair come from? Just kidding!






Well, a fun time was had by all! Now I just pray we get a good nights rest!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously just drooled over that thread. Your girls are so beautiful!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete