Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Party

Tuesday we had an unexpected surprise sitting on our porch when we got home from running errands. My mother-in-law, Cheryl, painted Emily and Gracie these Easter buckets. Aren't they so cute?



They came in handy because Emily had her school Easter party yesterday. She wanted to pick what she wore, and I think she did pretty good.



The kids singing a few songs before the egg hunt.





Gracie and Allie Kate


Everyone was in a mad dash to get eggs (big surprise there).
What I love about Emily going to a Christian preschool is that the main focus is on the true meaning of Easter. Sure, they have fun with the eggs and the bunnies, but I love the fact that they are taught that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that he was buried and rose from the grave. He is a living God! Emily hears it at home, at church, and at school. I believe it's the most important thing she will ever learn in her whole life!


It cracks me up how Gracie just makes a place for herself. And I love the fact that Emily is proud for her to do it. It's not that way all the time, but I always try to remind Emily that sisters make the best friends.



When we got home, Gracie took a little nap and Emily and I colored a few eggs. I was trying to show her how to do it and she told me, "Mom, let me handle this". Well, yes ma'am. She had fun and that's all that matters.


This is short and to the point!!! My house is a mess and while I have some time, I'm going to try to do a little cleaning. We'll see how far it get!

5 comments:

  1. Those are amazing buckets!!!!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think your youngest looks like my granddaughter. Precious pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I love the adorable Easter buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw where you stopped by my spot here in blogland. I'm so glad b/c it gave me a chance to visit you....

    love your blog...beautiful girls!!

    now a proud follower!

    ReplyDelete