Sunday, April 11, 2010

We Made It!

Yesterday, my mother and I had a day of sewing planned. I wanted to make Emily a few outfits for the summer and an outfit for her to wear to Alabama's A-Day game. Please don't think I'm leaving Gracie out. She has plenty to wear....too much actually, so it was all about Emily yesterday.

My Mother is the one with all the talent! I can do basic sewing, but Mother was going to teach me a few things yesterday. She did all the cutting of the fabric (whew!) and appliqueing. I sewed all the seams. She was going to teach me how to make a buttonhole but our day got cut short, and we only got to one outfit. My in-laws had the girls and they called and said Gracie wasn't feeling well, so I had to pick her up early. I'm so glad I did! Poor Gracie was pitiful. So, Mother finished the buttonholes on the top and and the hem on Em's bloomer, then she brought it up to the house last night.

This is us in action.






The finished product!






Mother thinks the top is too long, but honestly I think it's all perfect because it was made with love. Corny I know, but the truth. I can't wait to show you all the other things we make.

3 comments:

  1. So cute, or should I say sew cute!

    I wish I could sew. I need curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I didn't know you blogged, nor did I know you sewed;) That turned out super cute!! I'm jealous, I want to learn to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I would love to be able to sew.

    ReplyDelete