Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last Day Of Vaca and Coming Home

Ahhhh, our last full day at the beach. It was kind of cloudy but we went out anyway. By the afternoon, the sun was out and it was beautiful. During Gracie's nap time that day, Chris stayed in with the girls so I could enjoy the beach. It was so relaxing! I listened to Kenny Chesney and soaked up a little sun. If you had seen me before we left, you would definitely say I needed it! The problem is, I need more than just a little!




Although we had been at the beach for two days, Gracie had to get use to it again every morning. As you can tell, she didn't start out very happy.





















That night we let Chris pick the place eat and we went to a few gift shops. Chris informed me that he bought me a shirt like this one for Mother's Day. Thank goodness he was just kidding!!!!!


The morning that we left I got up and took few pictures of the ocean while the sun was coming up. With the oil spill problem, I didn't know if it would look the same when we came back.


As part of my Mother's Day present, Chris took us to eat breakfast at Tacky Jacks. They have a wonderful breakfast and you can sit right by the water to eat it. The only problem was that it was a little cool.



While Chris was finishing up with the check, the girls and I walked down the the gift shop. This parrot is kind of the mascot and guess what his name is....Jack. Very appropriate for a place called Tacky Jacks.


Since Chris had basically done everything that we wanted while at the beach, we stopped off at Bass Pro Shops on the way home. The girls loved it! We just let them run wild.



Gracie thought she was leaving with this fish pillow, but she was sadly mistaken!!!



It was the best first family vacation we could have hoped for and we are looking forward to going back next year!!!

1 comment: