Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Little Graduate

My little sweetie graduated preschool this past Wednesday. I'm telling you, it was rough! I walked around all morning with a lump in my throat, trying not to bust out crying! I had to talk to myself and explain that this is just preschool. No biggie! That's what my head told me, but my heart keep reminding me that this is just the beginning! Next middle school, then high school, then college. Then she'll get married and leave me for sure!!! Okay, I know that's a little dramatic, but I love this little girl with my whole heart and I just can't believe she is ready to start school in the fall!

God has a wonderful plan for Emily and I can't wait to see what He has in store!!!

We started getting ready the night before graduation. Emily loved wearing her cap and gown.



I did pretty good all morning, until I saw Mrs. Carol (preschool director) and when she started crying, so did I.












As usual, Emily sang her heart out.


















Gracie giving Em a big congrats!



Em and Mackenzie







I told Mrs. Jennifer (Emily's teacher) that I wish she could go to kindergarten with Emily. Emily can be set in her ways, but Mrs. Jennifer always knew how to handle her. I saw her give Emily countless hugs and I'm telling you, it does a mother's heart good to know that your child's teacher is giving them love when you can't.



After the program, the school had a party at the bouncy place down the road. All the kids just went wild!!!






Now for a fun summer at home. Emily may get tired of me by the end of the summer because I'm going to be up in her face as much as possible telling her that she is the most wonderful girl in the whole world.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your little graduate. What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is precious!! Try to look at this time in her life as a gift! You know this is what you truly WANT for her...you REALLY wouldn't have it any other way. Embrace that thought and love that little girl to pieces!!!! She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete