Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Bachelorette

As most of you women know (and maybe a few men), this past Monday night was the finale of the Bachelorette.  I love this show!  Maggie and I were talking about it on the phone and we decided that she and Sophie Clare would come over to watch it.  I live right down the road form a really good nail salon, so before the Bachelorette came on, Maggie left Sophie Clare with us while she went to get her nails done. 

I was so excited because I never get to spend as much time as I would like with her.  But it was a little crazy around here to say the least.  Sophie Clare is real gentle and dainty, so I think she was in total shock of the chaos around here! 


I don't think Sophie Clare is much on highchairs at home, but I was afraid she would fall off our bar stools while we were eating dinner, so I pulled her right up in the highchair and she loved it.  When I say "loved it" that means she actually sat there.  She was so cute!  When I asked her if she wanted "more", she did the sign for more. 

I won't say it was a fun evening.  When Maggie got back, we started watching the Bachelorette and then my mother stopped by for a visit.  All was fine until Sophie Clare saw my mother and she kind of had a break down.  I think we kept saying "Here comes Gran", and she thought it was going to be HER Gran.  But it all kind of went down hill form there.  I ended up staying up late to see who Ali picked.  I was really pleased with how it ended.  She really couldn't have made a bad choice and I hope she and Roberto have a long and happy life together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment