Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Great First Day

Today was Emily's first OFFICIAL day in kindergarten.  I didn't sleep well last night at all!  Was I worried about Emily?  No.  I was worried I was going to sleep late and make her late for her first day.  I set my alarm for 5 am just to make sure I was up.  Plus there are a few things that you can't do the night before, and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time. 

Emily is a very picky eater and I worry about it a lot.  I packed all the things she would eat in her lunch bag.  I know they thought that by the looks of it, she would be there for supper too!
Some of my best memories of school are the notes my mother would leave me in my lunch box.  I wish so bad that I would have saved them because I would love to show them to Emily.  She may not have even noticed the note, but in my heart it felt like I was reaching out and giving her a little hug. 


She was all smiles about getting there.  And to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.  They had a Boohoo Breakfast at school for the kids and parents that needed a little more time together.  Emily didn't want anything to do with that!  She said she was ready to see her teacher.  Emily lead me down to her classroom (which is WAY  far for a little kid), so I don't even think I'll need to walk her in tomorrow. But that's totally up to her, so we'll see in the morning. 
Not many, if any, of the kids in Emily's class went to the breakfast.  Before I left the classroom, they were all heading to the mat to hear Mrs. M read a story. 


This is Emily's buddy Ali. 


Pop was kind enough to come stay with Gracie so I could be with Emily.  When I got home, we ate breakfast and played a little.  I've started working on colors with Gracie.  Her favorite is purple.  What I mean by favorite is that she remembers it more often than the others. But she'll get it.  She's a smart girl! 

By the looks of it, I should have combed her hair!


My Daddy stopped by for a minute because he was working a few houses down from ours.  Gracie brought me the camera and said "Cheeseburgers" and wanted to Daddy to hold her.  It makes me laugh at how she can get her point across.   


Before long, it was time to go get Emily and she got in the car telling me all kinds of stories.  They read a book about gingerbread men and it must have been good because she has talked about it often.  And we had a minor problem at lunch because some boy thought that Emily had taken someone else's goldfish.  I guess in the morning I'm going to write her name on EVERYTHING!!!

I hope our second day was as good as today. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Emily had a great first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad that she had a good first day!! hopefully it is still going well. i just love her bows and LOVE the ballet shots :)

    ReplyDelete