Monday, October 25, 2010

Check Up

Call me Mother-of-the-Year!!  Why, you may ask? Well, Friday, Emily had her first "healthy" checkup since she was 2. I know it sounds crazy, but I didn't know!  At two, your kids are done with vaccinations until they are 5, so I thought until then you only bring them in if they are sick.  Oh well, you live, you learn. 

I still hesitated because we have had a good long run where we haven't had to go to the Dr.  It seems to me that once you start, you just keep going and going.  But I gave in and we went on Friday.  I didn't want Emily to miss school, so as soon as I picked her up,we headed to the Dr. 

If you can tell how much fun a kid had at school by how dirty they are, then Emily had a BLAST!!!
She was filthy!!! 

She weights 47 lbs and is 46 inches tall.


We love our Dr and didn't want to see anyone else, so we had to wait a little bit.  I had a bag of tricks, but the girls aways get board just before the Dr. comes in.  We drew on the paper, which is their favorite.  Emily made some beautiful drawings and Gracie wanted me to write letters. 


Every time Gracie heard Dr. R go by the door, she would say "He's gonna get me"!  It was so funny!!! 


And I have to share a funny story.  Gracie was getting restless and started cleaning out my bag.  She found my phone and started acting like she was talking to Mickey Mouse.  Then she wanted me to talk to Mickey Mouse, so as you can imagine, I had a big conversation with ole Mickey.  Well, I looked up and noticed that Emily's nose was really dirty.  I said "Emily, your nose is dirty. We need to clean it".  She said, "Mother, don't say that in front of Mickey Mouse!". 
Oh that kid cracks me up!!!! 

Have a good Monday y'all!

1 comment: