Friday, October 15, 2010

Down On The Farm

Yesterday, Emily had her very first field trip as a kindergartner.  We went to a pumpkin patch called Down On The Farm.  Over the years we've been to several pumpkin patches but this was by far the best, and the farthest we've ever been to! 
I had plans to drive and my friend Crystal ride with me.  The kids had to ride the bus to the pumpkin patch, but could ride with us on the way home.  But plans changed yesterday morning.  Crystal's husband decided he wanted to go, so I went with them.  We had a great time because we talked all the way there!  And that was good because it was a long way to the pumpkin patch!!! 

Now I know this was Emily's field trip, but I had so much fun meeting the other parents and talking to them.  But I must say the best part was watching Emily play with her friends! 

The weather was wonderful!!!!  Beautiful blue skies and a cool breeze!


Emily and Anna Kate


 These beautiful flowers were in the corn maze.  Chris' just informed me that it is technically a weed!!! I had no idea!!  But it was beautiful!


They had puzzle pieces hiden in the corn maze.  When everyone found all the pieces, they put it together.  Very cute idea.


They had a petting zoo. Lots of cute animals!


They had this big slide made form an old combine.


In this old barn, they had a big huge trough of corn.  It was probably a-foot-and-a-half deep.  As you can see, the kids loved it.


Brynley and Carley




Emily's whole class.


Emily's class with Mrs. M


Em riding the cow train


Emily's class on the hayride.  Mrs. M came up with the cutest song for the kids to sing.  I will say it again...I'm so glad she's Emily's teacher!


Finally, what we came for!  Emily's pumpkin!  When we went to pick up Gracie from Grandmother's house, Emily painted her pumpkin.  As always, she did a great job. 


We had a great time.  I'm so glad I get to experience these moments with Emily.   This is the stuff I live for!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment