Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Little Artist

We do a lot of arts-and-crafts around our house.  We are always cutting, gluing, tracing or coloring something!  I have really enjoyed watching how Emily's artistic talent has evolved!  You know, it goes from barely being able to color in the lines when your little, to drawing "Mom and Dad".  I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so I'm so glad Emily got this from Chris' side of the family, mainly Chris' mother.  She is a wonderful artist and painter.  Now, I need my mother to teach Emily is be a fantastic seamstress, so maybe she can teach me!  Ha Ha. 

Emily drew a picture of her family last week at school.  This picture has probably been hanging on the fridge for about 5 days, but she just realized that there was something that needs to be added.  It cracked me up because she stood at the fridge for about 5 minutes deciding what she was going to add.  Plus she has her crayons right by her side.  Oh how I love her so!! 

Emily is not just a master of fridge art.  Her expertise ranges all the way out to the swing set as well.  I hope these little people stay forever, but just in case, I snapped a picture. 

To my future artist, dancer, doctor, lawyer, teacher, nurse, or even stay-at-home-mom.  I know you will be fantastic at what ever you do!!!! 

"For I know the plans that I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment