Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

Oh the excitement on Emily's face Christmas morning.  I got up early and sat on the couch because I was worried the Emily would get up and I would miss the look on her face.  I got up about 6 and waited, and waited, and waited a little more.  I do believe my little darlings we pooped because  they didn't wake up until around 8.  The look on Emily's face was priceless.  She was very excited that Santa brought her a new kitchen, but I had to remind her that the kitchen was for Gracie too. 

While we waited for Daddy to get and get the video camera going, the girls went through their stockings.


God bless my little Gracie.  For the past two months, if anyone asked Gracie what Santa was going to bring her, she would say a sucker.  Never not once did she change her answer!  So as you can imagine, that little sweet baby got her sucker.  She was so happy!


And M&M's!!  Gracie had the breakfast of champions Christmas morning.  Sucker and M&M's. But that's the best part about Christmas morning....you get a free pass.



Emily is all about earrings.  I think after the first of the year she will get her ears pierced.  But for the time being, she had some stick on earrings in her stocking. 



After all the presents were opened, I fixed a little breakfast.  I think my pancakes got a little "done".  I did not have the best results in my Christmas cooking.  I made 2 cakes and 1 ended up looking horrible!!!  But it tasted great so that was a plus. 


 It took us awhile getting all the toys out of the boxes!  I always say I'm going to ask Santa to take them out of the box but I always forget.  But the rest of the morning was spent playing and relaxing.  It was like we were in a dream because the kids were playing, we were relaxing and then you look out the window and it was snowing.  It was just a wonderful day!

Later that night we headed to my parents house to exchange gifts with my brother and his family. 


My Mother and Daddy got Gracie this doll, I thought for awhile we were going to have to leave it at their house!!  It talked and laughed and never stopped.  Then my mother broke the news that it didn't have an off switch!!!  Well, let me tell you, we found it!! 


I wanted to get Emily and American Girl doll for Christmas but I was worried she wouldn't play with it that much.  I don't know if you know this, but they are kind of expensive.  Mother found the Target version, and Emily just loved it.  Jenny has been by her side ever since she was opened.  Now that I know Em loves these dolls, I do believe she will get an AG doll for her birthday in June. 




Mother got all the girls matching dresses!  They are so pretty. 


Robin and Gracie enjoying their writing mats Momma and Daddy got them.


Family picture!!!  With all the excitement going on, its hard to get a picture of everyone.  So we set the camera up for a group shot!!!  I'm so glad we did.  These moments are going by so fast and I want to remember them always!

1 comment:

  1. Angie,

    I was searching for my GF's blog and came across your interesting one. Was reading about your 3 yr old with her sticker earrings and your desire to have her ears pierced soon.

    When I read it, it reminded me of a situation with both our girls, one aged 2.5 and the other 5 mos. When our ODD wanted her ears pierced, we agreed and she did great. However, she wanted to know why her baby sister didn't have earrings too. I tried to explain to her she wasn't old enough until her baby girl cousin, aged 3 mos showed up for a visit with cute little gold balls in each ear! Again, she wanted to know why she had earrings and her sister didn't. My SIL said it was something she had wanted to do since birth and her dd did very well and they were easy to care for.

    I asked our ped about having our YDD's ears pierced at the same time as our 2.5 yr old. She said, it have become more popular to pierce newborns, infants and little girls ears because is safer with the newer ear piercing instruments than the traditional methods of using a needle, thread by the mother or grandmother. I asked her advice and she encouraged me to go ahead and pierce our YDD's ears since she showed me a picture of her 8 mo dd with little pearl earrings! I was surprised at her response and told her I would think about it. Her reasoning was when mommy cared for them, there was never any problems during the healing time, but when little girls wanted them, they often failed to care for them properly.

    I was still uncertain until she gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced. I put them away and thought it would be years before I needed to read it. Wrong. I finally gave in seeing other babies and little girls with cute earrings and yielded to pressure from my 2.5 yr old and got both girls done at the same time! I don't know if you'd even considered having your younger dd's ears pierced now, but after I did, my ODD was so proud her sister had earrings. Both girls looked adorable in their pics with little pierced ears and never had problems.

    I'd say if you've remotely thought about it, then your mommy intuition is telling now is better and go ahead with both girls.

    Write me an e-mail for our ped's tips.

    Amy
    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete