Thursday, December 30, 2010

Makin' The Best of It

We've kind of has our minds elsewhere this week.  My Dad had surgery on Monday and my MIL, Cheryl, had a "little" surgery on Tuesday.  They both did great, but you can't help but worry about them a little.  I mean really, they've worried about us for years, now it's our time to give back (ha ha). 

 With any scheduled surgery, the motto is "hurry up and wait".  Because of this, I didn't go to the hospital for Dad's surgery because they weren't exactly sure when it would be and that's not the answer you want to hear being a mother of 2 impatient children.  My goal was to make Tuesday a day of visiting.  We would stop by and visit my MIL before she had surgery and when they took her back, we would run a few errands and then go see my Dad.  Bless Cheryl's heart.  She had to be there early and when we got there the Dr. called and said he would be 2 hours late.  It's not fun to wait, but that's just the nature of the beast.  Things happen and Dr's have to be called somewhere else.  I know this because she was having surgery at my former place of employment, and what I consider the best job I've ever had.  When I had Emily, I decided to be a stay-at-home-mom, but I truly loved working there. 

Once they said the Doc would be late, I knew my crew would never make it because the complaining started when we came through the door. They were hungry (which I don't know why, they had breakfast), they were thirsty and they were tired.  They were fading fast!!! So Maggie and I decided to go ahead and take them to the Mall.  We both felt guilty living it up while we had family in the hospital, but everyone assured us to go on. 

The Gang was much happier once we got to the Mall.  After we ate, we all rode the carousel. 







We had a great time.  But as we were leaving Gracie threw a Stage 5 fit, that had the whole Mall looking at us!!  You know the more this happens, the less it bothers me!  Lol. She was just wore out, so it was expected.  We hopped in the car for our next stop. 

My Dad was doing great and the girls got their second wind and put on a big show for Momma and Daddy.  Gracie would sing and dance and say whatever you wanted her to.  Emily was just being her sweet self.  It was so good to be there with my parents.  But it was even better to see my Daddy feeling good.  He had knee replacement and you really never know how you'll do after surgery.  We stayed about an hour and a half and then headed home. 

It was a very busy day, but it was a GREAT day. Daddy was great, Cheryl was great, and I got to spend time with Sophie Clare and Maggie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment