Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Friday!!!

With the forecast of rain for most of the weekend, Friday was our chance to get outside and play. Earlier in the week I had purchased a sprinkler at Walmart. Of course we had to get a pink sprinkler because that is Emily's signature color. We were all excited about seeing how it worked, so while Gracie was napping Emily and I decided to go outside and get everything set up. When I opened the box, I was surprised to see that it did not lay flat to the ground but that it had a plastic spike that you pushed into the dirt. Well, Emily is not to crazy about getting grass on her feet, so my goal was to set the sprinkler on the driveway, but with the spike thing that was just not going to happen. So now I have to shoot from the hip.......what to do....what to do.... I tried to dig a small hole to put it in, but that didn't work either. Emily, in the mean time, is reminding me that she is ready to get wet, which only adds to my frustration. Then I come up with the brilliant idea to prop it up against a small exercise trampoline that we have. Money!!!! It worked, but I didn't realize that I had the water pointing in the direction of my cell phone, and it got soaked. Still in good spirits, I thought to myself that I would simply move the water hose(and trampoline and sprinkler) over. I should have gotten more slack in the hose because when I pulled the sprinkler, I pulled the whole spigot out of the sprinkler!!! After that I had a full meltdown and this is where the sprinkler ended up......






Emily was not too happy that I broke her sprinkler, but I promised her that when Gracie woke up from her nap that we would go to Dollar General to get another one. They had a ton of that stuff there last week, but last week we didn't need it. It was SLIM pickins !!! We settled on this cute little whale . The water was supposed to spray out of the yellow thing, but I guess our water pressure was too much for it and it busted out the back of the whale. We just had to make do with what we had.




Emily looks like she is having fun. I get an "A" for effort!!!




By the time Gracie got outside it was WAY HOT!!!!! I set up the umbrella for her and she stayed cool as a cucumber in the shade. She is having a nice refreshing piece of ice in her teether. She loved it!!!!

Emily needed some refreshing too!!! She loves Bomb pops, but then again, she likes all popsicles.

Later that night, Gran and G-daddy came to stay with the girls while Chris and I went to grab a bite with Maggie and Jamie. I'm not real sure how much fun Jamie and Chris had, but Maggie and I had a blast!!!! All-in-all, Friday was a pretty good day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment