Monday, June 29, 2009

Wild Weekend!! HA HA!!

Our "wild weekend" started Friday night. Emily went to a birthday party for a school friend of hers, Henley. Henley's mom Amy decided to have it at the city sprinklers and Emily had the best time. Amy brought bubbles and sidewalk chalk so if the kids didn't want to get in the water, they had an alternative choice. It was such a good idea.....I think we may do this next year!!!



When we got home from the party, we had our weekly neighborhood meeting. Everyone gathers out in the street and talks about whatever. Eddie brought this lobster float out for the girls to sit in. Gracie loved it because she didn't have to sit in the grass.






Saturday, Emily and I decided that we needed a little "us"time. Emily loves to paint, and although we do that at home(and she does it at Grandmother's)she never gets tired of it. She chose an angel to paint, and it was the most colorful angel I have ever seen.




Emily will not look at the camera!!!



Saturday night we all went out to eat at Chili's and the food was wonderful!!! Our little family had the best time together.

Sunday was Gracie's 10 month birthday. I have a dress that my mother bought my niece Robin and Emily also wore it....so to carry on with the tradition, I wanted Gracie to have her picture made in it. After we got home from church, the bottom fell out of the sky, and it rained for most of the afternoon. That kind of ruined my idea for outside pictures, so my goal for tomorrow is to take Little G's picture.

My car did something weird on me yesterday, so this morning I wanted to get it checked out. One thing I don't need to worry about is my car quiting and leaving me and the girls stranded. When I got to the "place" they were closed all week for the 4th of July, so I turned around and went to visit with my daddy. We stayed there awhile and then we went to see my sister-in-law Tessa and my niece Robin. Emily played for a while and I went to Target. I went back to my daddy's after that and he fixed BLTs for us for lunch. I think BLTs are one of my most favorite food(but not before hot wings).
When we got home later this afternoon, Chris rode the girls around on the 4-wheeler. Emmy use to call it the "Wee", but now she calls it the 4-liter. Gracie doesn't get to ride it much, but I do think she likes it.

Again.. Emily not looking at the camera.




My baby behind bars!!! I don't like the sound of that at all!! But it made a cute picture.


Emily helping her daddy pull weeds. Of course Miss Priss needed her pink gloves.

The weekend was a big success. Too bad it wasn't long enough. I know Chris hated to go back to work today. Oh well, somebody has to bring home the bacon....and I'm thankful he does.
Later gators!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment