Thursday, June 18, 2009

Little Swimmers

Today we got up to business unusual. Emily woke up at 5:30am and that is just not like her. And Gracie woke up at 6, so our day started way early. We went for our walk then had our breakfast. After we finished eating, I started gathering up all our stuff for a visit to Aunt Janine's pool and to hangout with Maggie, Jamie, and Sophie Clare. I was pretty excited to show off the fact that Emily can swim (she's no Michael Phelps, but she can dog paddle really well). Gracie decided to take an early nap(because she got up so early) so we didn't leave until around 12. She was kind of cranky when she woke up and was pulling at her ear. With our track record of ear trouble and the extreme heat, I decided to take her to Grandmother's house and take Emily on swimming. Sophie Clare looked pretty excited to see us!!! We sure were excited to see her!!!
Emily was proud to show off her swimming skills for everyone. But unfortunately, she is terrified of bugs and could only concentrate on the dead ones floating in the pool. Most of the time I think it was just dirt, but to her it looked like bugs. She jumped in once and a leaf got wrapped around her foot and she was DONE!!! She was then ready to go to Grandmother's with Gracie.

I have to brag on Sophie Clare because it was soooooo hot out there and she was such a trooper. She fell asleep and Maggie put her in the stroller where she sleep like an angel!!!

I had lots of fun. I don't want them to grow up too fast, but I do like to think of all the girls playing and splashing around the pool together. As Maggie said today, it will be real interesting to see how they play with each other.
I hope you all have a great night!!!
Later!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment