Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

This year on the 4th we went to spend the day with my parents, aka Gran and G-Daddy. My brother Jeff and his family also came over and we had a really fun, relaxing day. I'm so thankful that my parents have big shade trees in their backyard!! The best place to be Saturday was in the shade. We also pulled out the slip-n-slide for the girls to cool off in. Robin, my niece, could slide like a pro, but Em was not so sure. It didn't take her too long to catch on and soon they were screaming and having a big time. Little Gracie had to make do with the baby pool since she is definitely not big enough for the slip-n-slide. Don't worry G, in a couple of years you'll be able to slide just like the big girls.
Emily, Robin, and Gracie


Uncle Jeff helping set up the pool.


Gracie couldn't hardly wait to get in that water!!!



I hope to get some better looking ear plugs for Gracie soon. The plugs that work the best so far are a hunter's orange!




Em making sure G-daddy doesn't mess up the homemade ice cream.


I do believe my mother was pretty happy to have all her family together.


My brother and his wife Tessa


G-Daddy riding everyone on the beep-beep.


We had the best day, but it was tiring to say the least. When we got home we started getting everyone ready for bed. I fell asleep around 9:30! That is way early for me these days. Usually the last thing I do is go through the house and make sure everything is turned off and the doors are locked, but because I fell asleep watching TV, Chris had to do that for me. He went in Em's room to check on her and this is what he saw...

I think Emily had way too much fun.
I hope everyone had as much fun as we did on the 4th.
Later all.











No comments:

Post a Comment