Friday, July 3, 2009

Show us Where you Live Friday!!! Yards

To say my yard is grand and glorious to look at would the the understatement of the day. But a couple of weeks ago, you wouldn't have anything to look at. We moved into our house almost a year ago, and through my husband's blood, a lot of sweat(very humid where we live) and tears(mostly mine-ha), we have beautiful landscaping in the front yard. Chris got smaller plants so they would have room to grow and he is still wanting to but a few Crepe Myrtles in the front. Do you know where we can find any on sale!!!




Many of you know the names of flowers. Not me....I can hit the most popular ones: Roses, Ferns, Ivy (which I can kill down to nothing. Who kills Ivy!!!). I was real impressed with my sis-in-law, Maggie at http://maggielizabeth.blogspot.com/, she knew all the names of her flowers she put on her post. Not me!! I call this "yellow flower in my front yard".


I'm pretty proud of my ferns. I have two modes in gardening: I water it too much or never water it. My ferns were looking a little dry at the beginning of the summer, but I worked at them, gave them fertilizer and cut all the dead stuff off of them, and now they look pretty good if I do say so myself.

I love this garden flag. I got it at a yard sale for a $1.00.



We have a rather large porch and it is wonderful to sit on and be shaded. But it gets direct afternoon sun and you will burn your hair off it you sit out in the afternoon.




I hope you enjoyed the little tour. Later all!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a great house and yard!! I love it!! It's gorgeous!!! I adore your porch!

    ReplyDelete