Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was pretty low key around here!! Not much going on...and I liked it.
We have had a hornet problem at our house for awhile. No, they are not swarming but they are coming out of the woods and hanging around our front porch. It started with one,which I tried to hit with a shoe and it didn't even phase it. I wasn't sure what it was. I thought hornets were smaller, but my dad informed me that it was definatley a hornet and he tried kill it with some spray, but he just came back after my dad left.

The next day I had two and then three. Apparently, they were going back and telling their buddies about this fantastic place to hang out. My father-in-law sprayed the steps trying to deter them, but after awhile they came back, and I think they were getting more aggressive. They would fly closer to you than before. I guess they had more confidence since there was 3.
This has really been bugging me (pun intended) because every morning the girls and I go out on the porch and play. I also water my ferns and the shrubbery. But since the hornets have come to visit, all of my plants have started to look pretty rough.

My father-in-law got me some spray, and I must tell you it works wonderfully. Once it hits them they just die. I've killed 4 already. Okay, I know I sound way too fired up about killing hornets, but I'm just so excited to be able to go on the porch and not worry about the girls.
Look how big they are!! If it stung one of us, I'm sure it would have knocked us down.

Saturday, the girls woke up early and had breakfast outside.



Then they played "kitchen" while I straighten up the house.


After that we headed to Aunt Janine's pool. I would say it was fun, but it seemed to be a lot of work. I brought the Pack-N-Play for Gracie and Sophie Clare and it worked for awhile, but every one was getting restless. So we stayed a few hours and went home.
Oh, I forgot about Friday night. Maggie and Jamie called to see if we wanted to go eat. Chris decided he would stay home with the girls, so I went. I thought that was mighty sweet of him, but now I know he wanted to stay up late Saturday night and play in the neighborhood Corn Hole Tournament. It's not an official tournament, but Chris love playing the game.



Sunday was a big day because we put Gracie in a forward facing car seat for the first time. I don't think she is too sure about it. She screamed the whole time. She just needs to get use to it.



I'm pretty fired up about the Bachelorette tonight. I can't wait to see who she picks!!! I think Reid is coming back and I sure hope she chooses him. We are having revival tonight at church, so I will have to DVR it.
I hope you all had a great weekend! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment