Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday morning we all had a hard time waking up. I guess we had too much fun at the zoo on Thursday!!! Our car still wasn't running right, so Chris got up and started working on it. He put a new fuel filter on it and that still didn't work. He took it to someone we know that could tell him what the problem was and they told him it was the fuel pump. Chris was not to happy about that because they are very expensive to have someone else fix and a lot of trouble for him to do by himself. He decided to go ahead and do it himself(with the help of our wonderful neighbor, Jonathan, and his dad, Earl). They worked hard and got finished around 5 pm. Now it's running beautifully and he saved us around $450!!!!! I'm very proud of him!!!



Since we have been so busy all week, our laundry was about to take us over. Now that Gracie is all over the place, it is hard to keep her occupied so that I can get my housework done. My sis-in-law, Maggie, brought me video to use called Baby Faith. I put it in so the girls could watch it while I tried to get a few things done.



At first everyone loved it. But they had this puppet that ran across the screen and Gracie lost it. So much for Baby Faith. The rest of the day was just about relaxing. Except for Chris....he was fixing the car.

Saturday morning we got a surprise visit from my cousin Ava Caroline. She came over to play with Emily and Gracie. Em was so excited!!! For the first hour all they did was run up and down the hall.



After all the running, Ava was hungry. I fixed everyone cheese toast. Ava was so funny!!! She sang Old McDonald and If You're Happy and You Know It and we just laughed and laughed!!! I was so glad she got come play.



We had a little arts and crafts time. Ava loved the glue. She wouldn't let me put the cap on it even when she was finished using it.



Gracie loved craft time too!!!



Soon everyone wanted to go outside. This is where it got a little hairy. I wanted to set up the sprinkler for the big girls and let Gracie play in the baby pool, but I couldn't do that because Chris had to cut our water hose to syphon gas out of the car to fix the fuel pump. So everyone tried to cram themselves into the baby pool. After yesterday, I wished I had gotten the bigger pool. The girls had fun, but I was worried that Gracie would fall out of the pool. I decided to put Gracie in the pack-n-play and let the big girls do whatever they wanted. It worked out much better.



Had to take a Popsicle break early on!!






We were in terrible need of a trip to Walmart. I hadn't been of over a week and we were out of lots of stuff. Chris and I decided to stop at Cracker Barrel for supper and it was so good!!! Gracie had her first meal of "table food". She had pinto beans, green beans, biscuits and a little bit of my hashbrown casserole. As you can tell by her face, she loved it!!!



Em, who is a "work in progress" when it comes to eating, did pretty well that night. She had chicken, green beans, and okra.



Today, we celebrated my big brother Jeff's 39th birthday (his birthday is not until the 14th, we just partied today). I can't believe he is 39!!! It seems like yesterday we were both under the same roof fighting over the bathroom and telephone. Emily and Robin (my niece) are always on top of the candles being blown out. They each have to take a turn at blowing them out.



We had a really good weekend and I know Chris hates having to go back to work after being off all week. Its going to be lonesome around here without him.
I hope you all had a great weekend and have a happy Monday!!! I'm ready to watch the Bachelorette!!!! I'm so glad that jerk Wes is gone!!! I hope she pick Reid!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment