Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Wonderful Day With An Old Friend

I'm telling you, I'm ready for fall!! The weather has given us a pre-fall teaser around here, and it has been wonderful!! Last night, I went to the walk track near my house which goes around the local high school. The band was out practicing and it felt like I was living that Kenny Chesney song "I Go Back"!! Isn't strange how a familiar smell or sound can bring back memories! For a split second, it felt like I was back in high school again and I was getting ready to march into the football stadium with the majorettes,before the big game. That all seems like a million years ago. I do have some good memories of those times!

Anyway, onto what I did yesterday. We met my friend Stephanie and her sons Jessie and Brody at Chick-fil-A for lunch. After lunch we took them over to the city sprinklers.

I have known Stephanie and her husband Andy for about 10 years now. Can you believe it Steph, 10 YEARS! I met them through my husband Chris. Andy actually showed us our first house, which was one house down form his. You may ask, is Andy a realtor? That would be a big fat NO! The house was empty and Andy opened the door with his driver's license. He opened it, we saw it, and the rest is history!! We always have the most fun with Andy and Stephanie and yesterday was no different.

Chick-fil-A was so good (it is my most favorite fast food place). Gracie was pretty excited about eating there!



This is Stephanie(left)!! Thanks to Emily for taking this picture. Pretty good for a 4 year old!



This is Stephanie's son Jessie. He is so sweet! I wish I had his tan!


This is Brody, Stephanie's youngest son. Emily tells everyone Brody his her boyfriend...thanks to Andy. Chris loves Brody, but is so not ready to hear Emily say she has a boyfriend.






Gracie was pooped.



So was Em.



A fun time was had by all!!

Saturday when Chris took the girls stuff to their grandparent's house, he got some green beans and corn for their garden. Gracie found the corn yesterday! If she likes it this way, she'll love it with butter on it!!





I hope everyone had a great day!! We sure did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment